Sunday, July 1, 2012

Breathe (Sea Breeze #1)

Plot: Sadie's mom is completely carefree...and eight months pregnant. In order to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, Sadie takes over her mom's job for the summer, working for Jax Stone, the world famous teen rocker. She might be excited if she was normal. But, everything about Sadie fascinates Jax and by the end of the summer, he learns he cant live without her.

My Thoughts: If you've read my other reviews, then you know that I'm obsessed with unattainable love stories. Breathe by Abbi Glines was no exception. As soon as I heard what it was about, I knew I had to read it. However, it was impossible to read this book and not connect it to Twilight. Of course there weren't any werewolves or vampires, but there were similarities that jumped out at you and just screamed "TWILIGHT!". The love triangle, disapproving family, and the protection Jax had over Sadie was impossible to not relate to Stephenie Meyers hit. I still enjoyed this book though, because if you read as if Twilight doesn't exist, its a great story about two teenagers having a summer fling that you could only dream of. So if you're able to look past the Twilight similarities, this is the perfect summer read for anyone.



What did you think of Breathe? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment