Monday, June 25, 2012

The Beginning of After

Plot: When a tragic car accident leaves Laurel Meisner without a brother or parents, she is forced to continue her life. Taking pity from her teachers, and peers is enough to drive her insane. Much like Laurel, David Kaufman, is suffering from the loss of his mother and the seemingly unavoidable death of his father who is in a deep coma. The only way for David to ease the pain is to pack up and leave and never look back. Their lives seem like an unstoppable world of madness until they realize the only way to move on is to lean on each other for support.

My Thoughts: The Beginning Of After by Jennifer Castle is a tough book to describe. I'm a big sucker for books that involve a girl leaning on a guy for support after a tragic event. However, this novel didn't live up to my high expectations. The characters themselves were well developed, but somewhat difficult to connect to. It took me a while to read this story, but I wasn't going to give up on it halfway through. When I started reading the story I though I was going to cry like I always do during sad novels, but that wasn't the case. I just couldn't get into the story. On a good note, the descriptions were beautiful. I could tell the story was well thought out, but it seemed a little rushed near the end. It has the potential to be a great book and I think someone will definitely enjoy this story. Give it a try and let me know what you thought.





What did you think of The Beginning Of After? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment