Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Arise

Plot: Amelia just can't seem to cut a break. Her and her living boyfriend, Joshua, can barely kiss without her vanishing to an unknown location. And when they visit some of Joshua's Seer relatives in New Orleans, she can't escape the haunting question of her and Joshua's future. With netherworld demons lurking just around the corner, she needs to choose fast or have no choice at all.


My Thoughts: Not gonna lie. The second book in every series is always the one I like the least. Mainly because of the unspoken rule that authors have to separate the cute couple in some way. I'll admit, I love the cute exchanges of dialogue with the YA couples. I could honestly read a book with no plot but the story of a cute couple and give it 6/5 stars. So when I started reading Arise and realized it was following the same format as any other YA sequel I was disappointed. However, when Amelia and Joshua were separated, I fell in love with Gaby and Felix. And, as I read deeper into the pages I found it nearly impossible to stop turning them. The world Tara Hudson created in the first book was continued perfectly. There were tons of twists throughout the novel that had me eager to keep reading. If you like the first book in this series, I guarantee you'll love this one just as much, if not more.





What did you think of Arise?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment