Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting

Plot: The children of missionaries, London and Zach, are not only brother and sister, but best friends. But when, Zach dies, it leaves his family slowly falling apart grasping for hope. Not knowing if she was the cause for Zach's death, London is lost in the crowds of the world and finds herself torn between the new boy in school and Zach's best friend.

My Thoughts: I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. I honestly can't even put into words what this book did to me. I cried so many times I couldn't keep count. The story was so powerful and the narration just added to the already strong plot. I loved the format of the novel and how it was very clean cut. No unneeded details, or pointless conversations. The only problem I had with Waiting was the ending. It was very loose and didn't answer some questions. I'm very picky about knowing what happens next and how things happen. Read-between-the-lines endings always get me, and leave me wondering if my assumption is correct. Other than that problem that most likely only applies to me, Carol Lynch Williams has composed a true masterpiece.




What did you think of Waiting? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment