Monday, August 20, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

Plot: Three years ago, Hazel Grace Lancaster was diagnosed with Stage IV Thyroid cancer. It was a miracle that extended her life and led her to a cancer Support Group two years later, where she met Augustus Waters, a gorgeous boy in remission. Augustus gives Hazel reason to re-think her perspective on not only her cancer but her life and that the legacy she leaves behind is just as important as the life she leads now.

My Thoughts: I was forced to read The Fault In Our Stars for my summer reading for school. I didn't realize until just before I started reading it that I had it in my "to-read" list on Goodreads. I had heard things from my friends who completed it before me and I found all their reviews matched my own. Starting with the characters, they were very well developed with good backgrounds and personalities. I was engrossed in all the characters, even the minor ones, such as the little girl Hazel let try on her cannula. The plot was perfectly paced and clearly well thought out. By the end, I was crying. I don't just mean tears at the brim of my eyes. I'm talking full on tears as if someone just kicked me in the face thirty times. The only thing that annoyed me was the ending. Throughout the entire book I was hoping it would end right in the middle of a



What did you think of The Fault In Our Stars? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment